The Olso Coward that killed approximately 68 defenseless youths on July 22, 2011 called himself a Christian.
I say he’s a Judas, because while Christianity seems to be his excuse, fear was his reason. Want proof that he abandoned God?
– Romans 13:9 – For this, “YOU SHALL NOT COMMIT ADULTERY, YOU SHALL NOT MURDER, YOU SHALL NOT STEAL, YOU SHALL NOT COVET,” and if there is any other commandment, it is summed up in this saying, “YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF.”
– Matthew 10:28 – Do not fear those who kill the body but are unable to kill the soul; but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
– Proverbs 16:7 – When a man’s ways are pleasing to the LORD, He makes even his enemies to be at peace with him.
– Luke 12:7 – Indeed, the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear; you are more valuable than many sparrows.
– 1 Peter 3:9 – Do not repay evil with evil or insult with insult. On the contrary, repay evil with blessing, because to this you were called so that you may inherit a blessing.
Here’s the big clue to us that he abandoned the ways of God:
– Romans 12:19 – Never take your own revenge, beloved, but leave room for the wrath of God, for it is written, “ VENGEANCE IS MINE, I WILL REPAY,” says the Lord.
The list could go on. In fact, anyone who’s cracked the spine of the Bible has probably seen passages telling them to trust God to handle things. There are a lot of them.
I suspect he has a fear-based problem that led him away from God. He left a detailed account of his plans. In doing so, he was feeding his fear. And one thing he made clear is that fear was his reason, his reality, regardless of his using a Christian affliation as an excuse. Then he acted as a faithless coward.
Now his “manifesto” is giving those who already are opposed to Christ a reason to “blame the cow for a leather shoe kicking the dog,” only on an infinitely more tragic scale. He’s spread his fear and there will be others buying into it.
And there are those who are opposed to Christianity that will do the same, but in reverse. They all, if not careful, could foster that into a hatred that continues the killing.
They may become the thing they fear.
A God-Honouring Christian he is not. He is a Judas. He thinks his reasons are above, outside or more valid than what the Scriptures teach.
My sympathies are with the families of those lost, with the survivors, and all impacted by this terrible event.
The sad reality of it all is that if he actually listened to God, this wouldn’t have happened.